One of the things I noticed at this year’s faculty academy was number of thoughtful questions about blogging as pedagogy that came up. Here is a list of the ones I remember:
* How can we catalyze the process of blogging in our courses? Are there ways to jumpstart the process? (Sue)
* How can we structure the use of blogs in a course-context so that students genuinely engage with blogging?
* How can we engage more than just the vocal few in blogging substantively? (Barbara).
* How can we produce ownership in a class blog? (Laura)
* How can we get students to link reflectively with other studentsâ€™ posts?
* How do we get students to comment on each othersâ€™ blogs in substantive ways?
*How can an instructor fairly evaluate blog posts?
*How can a teacher create a design for the class blog to support the intent of the course? (Barbara)
Anyone care to postulate answers?