Pilot testing the quasi-collaborative editing approach

My last post outlined the plans for finishing my senior seminar with a bang rather than a whimper. Monday, I expect to finish the course content. From that point on, we will be collaboratively writing our final project.

The last topic of the course, which we started Friday, is to figure out what we’ve learned this semester. Given the various perspectives we’ve explored, what do we think is the best way to model the macro economy?

For the weekend, I asked the students to post a brief summary of their latest reading (which they’ve already blogged) on the course wiki by tonight. Then the two students assigned to take notes on this topic, are supposed to take the readings summaries and turn them into a coherent statement of where we stand on the state of modern macroeconomic theory.

In short, we are pilot testing the approach we will use to complete the final project, though I haven’t revealed it as such. One of the things we will do this week is debrief and debug this weekend’s assignment to make the final project work more effectively. Stay tuned for more details.

This entry was posted in Teaching and Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *